This event is a hop, skip and a jump from the Fraser Valley. We think it sounds like a fantastic event for families, Francophones, teachers and others.
Come and experience a bit of French culture at the Marché français. Meet vendors of hard-to-find French resources (books, music, electronics, games and more) and interesting French-themed items.
Listen to French and French-Canadian accordion music performed by Chris Messytone (4 pm – 6 pm) while enjoying delicious crêpes and maple treats. There will be a children’s activity and craft area as well as a raffle. Admission is free. Everyone is welcome!
Some of the vendors at the Marché français 2010:
- French Bestsellers – DVD’s, videos, music, games, etc.
- French Usborne Books - www.usbornebooksathome.ca
- L’École des Loisirs – Abonnements MAX – Quality book subscriptions from France.
- Sophia Books – The biggest selection of French Resources in the province.
- Word Nerd Language and Education Ltd. – www.word-nerd.ca
- CPF – New West – Will be selling 100% Maple Syrup and other maple products from Quebec. As well as resources for parents and students.
- Crêperie la Bohème – Sweet and savory crêpes.
- Frogs – Adorable hand-knit frog hats, mitts, and scarves.
- Maison Côté – Herbs, spices, oils, vinegars, mustards, and more.
- Maple Sugar Shack – Traditional le sirop d’érable (maple taffy served on a bed of snow) and maple sugar cones.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 2:45 pm – 8:00 pm.
École Herbert Spencer School Gym
605 Second Street, New Westminster