Live Blog: Fraser Valley Women’s Expo – What’s On

Saturday, March 3rd, 2012

If you are planning to stop by the 2012 Fraser Valley Women’s Expo this weekend, be sure to check out this stage schedule. The stage is a busy place this weekend, with everything from fashion shows to cake decorating. Here’s some of the fun we have captured so far at this exciting event!

Gente Bella Hair Show

Saturday morning Gente Bella Salon & Spa put on an incredible hair demonstration for all sorts of braids, updos and punk rock styles! Students of the Gente Bella Beauty Academy showed off their skills by completing up to 3 different hair styles in less than 30 minutes. Creating cool hair styles that fast in front of a crowd of people? Now that’s talent!

DIY Wedding Tips

Magna Goerke from DIY Wedding Resource shared her best tips and tricks for planning your own wedding. She taught us that wedding planners aren’t always necessary if you stay focused on what your are doing! Her best tips? Keep all your information together in one place, and manage your expectations! Our biggest disappointments occur when our expectations do not match our realities. Just starting to plan your wedding? Magna says to focus on the Big 4: Date, Guest List, Venue & Budget to get your wedding planning off to a good start!

Newlove Decor & Design

Keeping with the wedding theme, Erin Newlove from Newlove Decor & Design took the stage next to teach us all about wedding decor & new trends that are popping up in the 2012 wedding season. She encourages couples to really make their wedding their own, and bring in unique ideas that really display their personalities. Great creative with favours (consider using homemade jams, salsas, recipes on spoons, etc),  get whimsical centerpieces (bring in natural elements like wild flowers instead of formal arrangements, mismatch vases, etc) and don’t be afraid to mix styles! Vintage styles are very trendy right now, with lots of opportunities to mix and match items to create a nostalgic feel. Best tips to keep things affordable? Don’t be afraid to shop sample sales, wedding swaps and craigslist to find any decor & accessory items you may need.

Kick Ass Cakes

Who wants to learn how to decorate cakes like a pro? We do! We do!  Natasha from Kick Ass Cakes took the stage to demonstrate how to use fondant on your homemade cakes to really make them pop. Even though she put on a fantastic demonstration, I think it will be a while before we are making incredible cakes like she does! Her best tips? Make sure to work quickly with fondant and gum paste and be sure to return it to their containers when not in use to keep it ready to use for the next time!

Passionate Home – Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Presentation

Shabby chic style is all the rage when it comes to home decor, and Carrie from The Passionate Home is an expert! During her presentation, Carrie demonstrated how easy it can be to refinish and distress furniture using Annie Sloan chalk paint (now available for purchase at the Passionate Home). Lucky for us, using it is as easy as painting on, letting it dry and rubbing with a damp cloth! No icky smells and no mess means you don’t need a garage to give your old dresser a facelift! Visit the Passionate Home’s website to learn more about this amazing product!

Hudson Madison Design Team

We loved the Hudson Madison Design Team’s spring time decoration ideas and pointers on how to bring the outside in! Whether your style is glam, natural or eclectic they recommend keeping that style in mind 90% of the time to keep everything pulled together. The other 10% of the time – have fun! It’s the accessories that tend to be the most memorable and make your room, well, yours!

Gina Silvestri – The Raw Food Muse

Fraser Valley Women’s Expo
www.fraservalleywomensexpo.com
44140 Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack



One Response to “Live Blog: Fraser Valley Women’s Expo – What’s On”

  1. […] / Live Blog: Fraser Valley Women’s Expo – Who’s Here « Read Older Post Read Newer Post […]

Leave a Reply